The first step to register with CodeBoxx is to complete the registration form on our website. Please note: You read that correctly, this is a registration form, not a request for information. If you have any questions, make sure all of them are answered before completing the form. To find answers to your questions, you can read the following article in full, visit the FAQ section of the website, or write to us on social media or by email at [email protected].
CodeBoxx is open to everyone, but everyone should understand that completing the form reserves a place in the cohort and represents a formal commitment. Once registered, an confirmation email containing a link to our CodeBoxx portal will give you the information you need to continue your journey.
The first thing you will do is to create your profile in our portal. Please note: if you are registered for our online campus, deferred tuition are not automatically granted like it's the case for our in-person programs. Upon creation of your profile in our portal, you will be asked if you want to apply or not. The decision is taken on a case by case basis and the variables evaluated are numerous, but location is a very important one. Please refer to the FAQ section of our website to understand all the differences between online and on-campus.
Following the creation of your profile in our portal and your choice of cohort having been registered, your place is now reserved, but it must still be confirmed. You will confirm your seat through the enrollment process detailed below. No disqualification is possible during the completion of these steps, but they must all be completed without exception.
Step # 1: The quizzes
- The first step contains quizzes to complete that will help us gather information about your personality and your knowledge base.
- It is important to remember again that at no time can these tests disqualify you in any way, but are mandatory.
Step # 2: The exercises
- You are now in the general admission portion of enrollment. Please note that you will be able to complete this step or all the other below mentioned in the order of your choice. Composed of a theoretical component and a practical component, these exercises play several roles.
- They are meant to be an introduction to programming and a preparation to the Genesis program, but it is also a test of interest and motivation for applicants who are about to participate in the coding bootcamp.
- Motivation, determination and perseverance are 3 very important qualities at CodeBoxx and despite the fact that the exercises cannot be failed, they will test your limits.
- In addition, since the vast majority of registrants have no previous programming experience, this will be an excellent opportunity for them to validate their interest even before the training begins.
Step # 3: The contract
- The contract will be sent to you automatically by email after the quizzes.
- This contract defines the agreement that we will have together before, during and after the successful completion of your training.
- We use DocuSign and everything is done electronically.
- Once signed by the candidate, the contract will be sent to CodeBoxx and when completed by our manager, a copy will be sent to you, which will allow you to proceed to the next step if your exercises have been completed.
Step # 4: The information session
- An info-session type of video produced by our team will be available in the portal for you to watch
- This session is intended as an opportunity to reiterate the requirements of the coding bootcamp and to detail what awaits them as well as what is expected from them before the start of the coding bootcamp. If you have questions, please contact us.
Step # 5: The Payment
- Whenever you want after the quizzes, you will be able to pay the deposit of $2000.
- This $2000 is a 100% refundable deposit upon completion of the Genesis or Odyssey program.
- What matters in order to be fully reimbursed is not to quit the coding bootcamp.
- You complete Genesis, you are eligible for a refund, regardless of the result.
- If you continue to Odyssey, the same principle applies.
- This deposit is very important to ensure the accountability and responsibility of each participant in order to push them to complete the training, but also to understand the privilege of being in a CodeBoxx cohort.
- In addition, the deposit acts as protection on the devices we lend.
- Once the deposit is made, you are officially registered for the cohort and you are committed to focusing only on the coding bootcamp for the 16 weeks that it lasts.
- At this point, it will also be possible to access the last section of the portal in order to validate if your computer is performing well enough for the training and to reserve a Microsoft Surface or an Apple Macbook Pro if necessary at no additional cost. Note that the laptop loan program is only available for our in-person campuses.
- If you are part of the online campus and have not been approved for deferred tuition, this is where you will have to pay the tuition fees of $10,000.
- If you were accepted for deferred tuition, the process will be the same as for the in-person campuses where you will pay only the security deposit.
- The refund policy for tuition fees varies depending on the percentage of completion of the coding bootcamp.
You can consult the different sections of the portal to know the status of each step and to know where you are. We will provide you with more prep material and resources as well.
D-Day: the start of your cohort! When the cohort begins, it begins with a program called "Genesis", which lasts for 2 weeks. During these 2 weeks, you will learn how to build a website and upload it securely to the cloud. These 2 weeks are like a training camp: you have to pass to take the next step. The 2 objectives of Genesis are as follows:
- Validation of the candidates' motivation and interest for the field
- Validation of candidates' ability to proceed to the next step, the Odyssey program.
In other words, the program serves to validate that candidates who successfully complete it have the commitment, attitude, work ethic, determination and skills necessary to succeed in the bootcamp’s next step, the Odyssey program. In addition, as mentioned in the previous step, the candidate is entitled to a full refund of the security deposit when he or she completes the coding bootcamp, regardless of the result, pass or fail. In either case, if you complete the 2 weeks, you are entitled to a refund. Applicants who withdraw from Genesis before completion are not entitled to a refund of their deposit. The same principle applies for the Odyssey program.
In addition, candidates who complete the 2 weeks, pass Genesis and access the Odyssey program, but have no interest in continuing since the technology field is not made for them are obviously entitled to a full refund of their deposit as well. More than half of our graduates so far had no previous programming experience before CodeBoxx. It is therefore quite normal to allow everyone to get a shot at it without having to spend a single dollar: all it takes is 2 weeks of your time!
Following the 2 weeks of Genesis, candidates who have qualified for the next step officially become participants and enter Odyssey, a 14-week marathon that will lead them to their new career in technology. With 1 theme per week and a deliverable to hand in at the end of each week, you will understand that the coding bootcamp is very intensive. Each week, the fictitious company that acts as a customer in our business simulation will send you its requests and you will have to fill them. A combination of personal and collaborative work makes up the program, in addition to a week of individual learning consolidation. Here are some important things to remember about the coding bootcamp:
- There are no lectures at CodeBoxx. You will be paired with a coach who will mentor you and support you throughout the program and over the weeks. You will integrate teams of 5 to 6 people. Some weeks you will be assigned individual requirements and other weeks the workload will be too heavy. You will have to collaborate, contribute but above all trust and move forward with your teammates to deliver and maximize your ranking.
- In addition to technical skills, your score is made up of a series of criteria that assess soft skills. These skills are often even more important than hard skills to employers. Among the 13 criteria, reliability, collaboration, attitude, excellence in execution and much more are evaluated weekly by the coaches and our team. It is therefore very important to respect the instructions, to be present at bi-daily scrums as well as at question periods, to have an exemplary attitude, to make all the necessary efforts, etc. If you are part of a cohort, your presence is essential and your score will be affected if there are any misses.
- A minimum of 50 hours per week is required to get through the coding bootcamp and deliver quality each week. This figure is an estimate based on our experience with past cohorts. Some may take 30 hours, others 80 hours, it varies a lot, but one thing is certain, the commitment is the most important thing at CodeBoxx! CodeBoxx is an intensive coding bootcamp that requires all of your energy, focus and motivation. You will live a total of 16 life changing weeks. You must dedicate yourself and focus 100% on this training for its total duration.
- A typical day at CodeBoxx contains scrums, question periods, huddles as needed, lots of individual research, reading or watching tutorials, collaborating, researching, organizing tasks based on the deliverable and much more. The requirements document containing for the week is introduced on Monday morning and the deliverable must be submitted by Friday at midnight at the latest. Every week.
The heavy workload we ask of you has been factored into the development of our premises to give you all the tools you need to be successful. Various functional areas have been put in place to optimize the performance and productivity of the participants and ensure focus on the tasks. Individual workspaces, collaborative spaces, a catering / kitchen area, an entertainment area (table tennis, multiple screens, gaming, etc.), a rest room as well as work tables have been set up to ensure the comfort of participants. You will also have access to our conference rooms, a lounge area and an auditorium where our week-end ceremonies as well as our guest conferences will be held.
Throughout the training, each week, you accumulate points which gives you a rank in the weekly power ranking. These points are accumulated on the basis of your deliverables, but also on your soft skills as mentioned in the previous paragraph. A minimum threshold of points must be reached to graduate from the coding bootcamp. Graduation and employment are what triggers the process of reimbursing your tuition fees. Successful completion of the coding bootcamp opens 3 doors for your new career in technology:
- You are hired by one of our partner companies or by an external company and we send you an invoice in the amount equivalent to 20% of your first year of gross base salary.
- You join the ranks of Boxx Solutions and we put you on one of our active projects. You are therefore employed by CodeBoxx, paid $46,000/year for a minimum period of 49 weeks. By making you participate in these projects you will come to apply the concepts explored during the training and you will develop your skills. We will then send you an invoice for the amount equivalent to 20% of your first year of gross base salary.
- You become a freelancer and an invoice for $14,000 will be sent to you.
The invoice is only sent when you are hired, unless of course you have chosen option 3. Tuition fees are calculated using your employment contract, but once the amount is calculated, it is fixed and will not change no matter what happens in the following months (salary increase, bonus etc.). The repayment terms are as follows: the fixed amount calculated previously can be paid in 2 ways, either within 6 months of receipt of the invoice without interest OR over more than 6 months with interests through our partner financial institution. To make it easier for our graduates, a form is completed in the first weeks of the coding bootcamp to initiate credit validation.
CodeBoxx is above all a community that we are establishing across North America. A movement of pragmatism in the face of tensions in the labor market as well as an alternative to counter school dropout and promote the integration of immigrants. When you are a CodeBoxx, you are for life. You can come back to school at any time to ask for a hand with a task where you are stuck, to get support when faced with a new challenge or to come and help us train new graduates. The CodeBoxx community will be a vibrant one and always there to help you at all stages of your career. Our philosophy goes well beyond the bootcamp: CodeBoxx one day, CodeBoxx always.