Nicolas Genest has been Chief Technology Officer of Modcloth and orchestrated the rebirth of the brand alongside a renewed executive team in 2016. The re-platformed retailer was then acquired by Jet.com/Walmart and Nicolas secured the transition.
As CTO of The RealReal from 2013 to 2016, he turned around their entire technology platform and re-ignited growth by transitioning them out of an outsourced technology model. He has also officiated as CTO of the European leader vente-privee.com in Paris, inventor of the Flash Sales model, where he later also launched their American joint venture with American Express in 2011. Under his tenure the highly profitable pioneer of Flash Sales grew from 170M to 1.2B Euros from 2007 to 2012.
Previously, Nicolas was at Microsoft as a Business Intelligence and Platform Engineer where he worked on Database, BI and .Net development technologies. He also served at Pfizer as Project Manager leading a team of developers producing critical web-based intranet applications.
- 15 years of experience managing technology in all kinds of industries, contexts and cultures in Canada, France and the United States.
- Successful in small and huge projects within small constrained structures or heavy and complex organizations. Experienced in local, off-shore, near-shore and split-team projects.
- Strong track record at building and empowering extraordinary teams leading them to delivering long lasting value within a powerful culture
- Successful in managing annual IT budgets ranging from $1MM to $25MM and in managing teams of 15 or 120 collaborators.
- Engineering for Major-league E-Commerce (Heavy traffic, high-availability, Security) with solutions generating yearly revenue over 1B$ and handling 2.5 million unique daily visitors.
- End to End Business Intelligence Solutions, Advanced Decision-making on Big Data
- Sustained Startup Rhythm by leveraging cloud-based technologies
As a professional, I am now dedicated to the digital industry. Realize and lead a school to change the way we learn. Train on skills in demand and advocate for accountability. Connect talented people and companies and follow the participants in their application for integration into the job market. What motivates me; open horizons, be an alternative and help change lives.
Former student of the inaugural cohort and now a full-time programmer, I am very proud to be able to take advantage of all my years of teaching to guide Codeboxx's new students into changing their lives, as I have changed mine.
I had the privilege to be brought on board early on by Nicolas and Nadya, first as an intern, next as a participant and finally in business development. Graduated in business management, I found a passion at CodeBoxx by combining business and technology. I highly value CodeBoxx’s social and economic mission that has produced such amazing results so far ... .and it’s only beginning!
Graduate of the 2nd cohort, I’m now full stack human resources coordinator for CodeBoxx! I have experience in this field from my previous jobs and now I have the chance to combine HR and technology and give back to CodeBoxx and its participants.
I have more than 10 years of experience in information technology.I have been a key member in several development teams for strategic projects in the past and this allowed me to develop many skills in software development.I am specialized in many programming languages as well as open source softwares. I also possess a valuable experience in general insurances.
Software engineer, 24 years of experience in software development and looking forward with enthusiasm. Strong background with test driven development and related technologies.
I am the CEO of Fungo Group Inc since 2013. I am a system architect, an application developer for the last 24 years.
As a student of the inaugural cohort and now a full-time programmer, I want to give others the opportunity to experience CodeBoxx and support them in their new careers.
As a student of the inaugural cohort and now a full-time programmer at Fungo. I am pleased to accompany others who, like me, want to live an extraordinary experience and give a second wind to their career in an area of the future.