The first step to register with the AI-Program is to complete the registration form on our website. Please note: You read that correctly, this is a registration form, not a request for information. If you have any questions, make sure all of them are answered before completing the form. To find answers to your questions, you can read the following article in full, visit the FAQ section of the website, or write to us on social media or by email at [email protected].
The first thing you will do is to create your profile in our portal. Please refer to the FAQ section of our website to understand all the differences between online and on-campus.
Following the creation of your profile in our portal and your choice of cohort having been registered, your place is now reserved, but it must still be confirmed. You will confirm your seat through the enrollment process detailed below. No disqualification is possible during the completion of these steps, but they must all be completed without exception.
Step # 1: The quizzes
- The first step contains quizzes to complete that will help us gather information about your personality and your knowledge base.
- It is important to remember again that at no time can these tests disqualify you in any way, but are mandatory.
Step # 2: The exercises
- You are now in the general admission option of enrollment. Please note that you will be able to complete this step or all the others mentioned below in the order of your choice.
- The goal of this step is for you to assert that you have the necessary knowledge to start the program, before completing the whole enrollment process. The test will cover different subjects, and we estimate that the candidate should at least be familiar with all of them.
- Motivation, determination and perseverance are 3 very important qualities at CodeBoxx. Despite the fact that the exercises cannot be failed, we expect all candidates to go through the whole test and do their best to find all the answers.
STEP # 3: THE INTERVIEW
- You will have to schedule an interview with us through our booking system in the CodeBoxx portal.
- This session is intended as an opportunity to reiterate the requirements of the coding bootcamp and to detail what awaits the students, as well as what is expected from them before the start of the coding bootcamp. This is also when we do one last validation of your background and experience.
Step # 4: The contract
- The contract will be sent to you automatically by email after the quizzes.
- This contract defines the agreement that we will have together before, during and after the successful completion of your training.
- We use DocuSign and everything is done electronically.
- Once signed by the candidate, the contract will be sent to CodeBoxx and when completed by our manager, a copy will be sent to you, which will allow you to proceed to the next step if your exercises have been completed.
Step # 5: The Payment
- Whenever you want after the quiz, you will be able to pay your tuition fees of CAD8995
- You will have the option to pay your tuition fees in 3 installments, or to do it all at once while benefiting from a 15% discount. The amounts and dates of those payments will be detailed in our portal while you complete the process.
- With the payment completed and the contract signed, you are now officially registered for the cohort and you are committed to focus only on the program for it's whole duration.
- While this program is delivered online, you are more than welcome to come work in one of our facilities (Quebec and Montreal). Feel free to contact us if you need any details.
You can consult the different sections of the portal to know the status of each step and to know where you are. We will provide you with more prep material and resources as well.
Following a learn-by-doing pedagogy, the program offers you the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge in real-time every week through interactive mentor-led practice sessions, quizzes, assignments, and hands-on projects. As you do so, you come to truly appreciate the nuances of data and build your portfolio in the process. On a whole, the program empowers you with the skills, body of work, and job market insights you need to find the right career opportunities in Machine Learning.
Since this course requires an intermediate knowledge of Python, you will spend the first part of this course learning Python for Data Analytics. This will provide you with the programming knowledge required to do the assignments and application projects that are part of the Applied Machine Learning course.
Throughout the expert-designed course, you’ll:
- Collect, extract, query, clean, and aggregate data for analysis.
- Gather, store and organize data using SQL and Git.
- Perform visual and statistical analysis on data using Python and its associated libraries and tools.
- Craft and share compelling narratives through data visualization.
- Build and implement appropriate machine learning models and algorithms to evaluate data science problems.
- Compile clear stakeholder reports to communicate the nuances of your analyses.
- Apply question, modeling, and validation problem-solving processes to data sets from various industries to provide insight into real-world problems and solutions.
- Prepare for the world of work, compiling a professional-grade portfolio of solo, group, and client projects.
Each week, the fictitious company that acts as a customer in our business simulation will send you its requests and you will have to fill them. Here are some important things to remember about the coding bootcamp:
- There are no lectures at CodeBoxx. You will be paired with a coach who will mentor you and support you throughout the program and over the weeks. You will integrate teams of 5 to 6 people. Some weeks you will be assigned individual requirements and other weeks the workload will be too heavy. You will have to collaborate, contribute but above all trust and move forward with your teammates to deliver and maximize your ranking.
- In addition to technical skills, your score is made up of a series of criteria that assess soft skills. These skills are often even more important than hard skills to employers. Among the 13 criteria, reliability, collaboration, attitude, excellence in execution and much more are evaluated weekly by the coaches and our team. It is therefore very important to respect the instructions, to be present at bi-daily scrums as well as at question periods, to have an exemplary attitude, to make all the necessary efforts, etc. If you are part of a cohort, your presence is essential and your score will be affected if there are any misses.
- A typical day at CodeBoxx contains scrums, question periods, huddles as needed, lots of individual research, reading or watching tutorials, collaborating, researching, organizing tasks based on the deliverable and much more. The requirements document containing for the week is introduced on Monday morning and the deliverable must be submitted by Friday at midnight at the latest. Every week.
Throughout the training, each week, you accumulate points which gives you a rank in the weekly power ranking. These points are accumulated on the basis of your deliverables, but also on your soft skills as mentioned in the previous paragraph. A minimum threshold of points must be reached to graduate from the Smart Journey program.
Upon graduation, you will have access to our placement service that will help you officially start your new AI career. Whether it is with one of our official partners or not, we are here to make sure that you can find a suitable environment for you to continue your learning, and make a difference.
CodeBoxx is above all a community that we are establishing across North America. A movement of pragmatism in the face of tensions in the labor market as well as an alternative to counter school dropout and promote the integration of immigrants. When you are a CodeBoxx, you are for life. You can come back to school at any time to ask for a hand with a task where you are stuck, to get support when faced with a new challenge or to come and help us train new graduates. The CodeBoxx community will be a vibrant one and always there to help you at all stages of your career. Our philosophy goes well beyond the bootcamp: CodeBoxx one day, CodeBoxx always.